Huge price differences ?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Tankyouverymuch
Recruit

Huge price differences ?

Post by Tankyouverymuch »

Recently bought my first tank! Turned up from tankzone when they said it would so happy about that although customer communication was bad. It was the taigen tiger1 metal hull edition, wish I had gone straight to full metal, runs lovely but can tell they are built for full metal.My question is after looking around at full metal taigen tanks I'm finding some sites around the 230 mark then some 450 plus. What's going on ? Can I really get a full metal up to date edition for that low a price ?
Ryan
AshMann
Corporal

Re: Huge price differences ?

Post by AshMann »

Tankyouverymuch wrote:Recently bought my first tank! Turned up from tankzone when they said it would so happy about that although customer communication was bad. It was the taigen tiger1 metal hull edition, wish I had gone straight to full metal, runs lovely but can tell they are built for full metal.My question is after looking around at full metal taigen tanks I'm finding some sites around the 230 mark then some 450 plus. What's going on ? Can I really get a full metal up to date edition for that low a price ?
Ryan
None of the taigens are truly full metal. its only the tracks, road wheels, all that. The top hulls are still plastic, the turret depends by model. The price difference is probably because of the current situation or something else. Though if you bought a taigen already, might as well use that money to upgrade it to full metal spec.
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Yea the Taigens are the best quality Next to Tamiya. But if you want a true metal tank you need the Mato tiger. Although it’s not as good as Taigen In my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Mato all metal - avoid like your ex. Nasty pot metal tanks. I recall a new guy turning up to our meets with his £600 M36 and it breaking in multiple places within half an hour.

Tamiya, Taigen, Torro, Heng Long, WSN, all much better.

Happy hunting!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When you buy a new car the salesman/woman gives you the options list and then you discover that the car that you thought was full spec was in fact no such thing and to have all the bells and whistles will cost a lot more than you expected and so it is with Taigen Tanks,
Go to ----
www.rctank.de
and the full Tiger 1 range is there,
Then you will see what you get for your euro.
And remember an I/R Tank almost always costs more than an Airsoft Tank.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

The following two links show you exactly what you get for that 450 plus price point for a Taigen/Torro Tiger 1.
I chose these two unpainted offerings so that you could see exactly what you get, along with all the metal items listed in the description. These are the top spec Taigen/Torro "all metal" that some traders like to over emphasize.
Those lower spec versions for around the 230 mark, are either a VERY lucky find, or they have more plastic than the others I show, things like plastic turrets, maybe plastic tracks and a few other items. I'm not sure about the bottom hull construction, whether one has more metal than the other.
But the good thing, they all come with torsion bar suspension.
These two links are from a very good trusted vendor who's a member of this forum, and they are at a very reasonable price. Note they state "metal edition" NOT "all metal"

Taigen Tiger I Metal Edition Tank 1:16 IR Version Unpainted
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p9 ... inted.html

Taigen Tiger I Late Metal Edition Tank 1:16 IR Version Unpainted
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... nted_.html
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:The following two links show you exactly what you get for that 450 plus price point for a Taigen/Torro Tiger 1.
I chose these two unpainted offerings so that you could see exactly what you get, along with all the metal items listed in the description. These are the top spec Taigen/Torro "all metal" that some traders like to over emphasize.
Those lower spec versions for around the 230 mark, are either a VERY lucky find, or they have more plastic than the others I show, things like plastic turrets, maybe plastic tracks and a few other items. I'm not sure about the bottom hull construction, whether one has more metal than the other.
But the good thing, they all come with torsion bar suspension.
These two links are from a very good trusted vendor who's a member of this forum, and they are at a very reasonable price. Note they state "metal edition" NOT "all metal"

Taigen Tiger I Metal Edition Tank 1:16 IR Version Unpainted
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p9 ... inted.html

Taigen Tiger I Late Metal Edition Tank 1:16 IR Version Unpainted
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... nted_.html
The plastic edition tigers have plastic running gear except for the suspension arms, idler arms and the whole hull bottom. Turret is plastic, gun is metal. The gearboxes are zinc on the plastic versions
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1
Tankyouverymuch
Recruit

Thanks for the help gents much appreciated being new to RC tanks and all that. Forgebear looking forward to doing business with you in the future. Might be a daft question but why ain't there a RC tanks with the engine from nitro cars installed? Just a thought.
Ryan
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Initial thoughts are that hot metal and plastic do not make good bed fellows. Add to that, the Heng Long tanks were part of a toy market for small boys.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Tankyouverymuch
Recruit

Ummmm but couldn't you section off the engine compartment? Just throwing ideas here lol

Return to “General Questions”