Huge price differences ?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Huge price differences ?

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Two good reasons. The sound of a IC motor would be wrong and drown any onboard sounds and why would you want to use IC when RC car sport enthusiasts don't use it nearly as much as electric. It's far, far less controllable. I say this with many years of driving for Apollo and HPI in 1/10 nitro saloons. I much preferred the feel and feedback you get from electrics.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

Also considering the enviroment issues large scale gas engines cause, i cant imagine what kind of issues this hobby would cause if all our tanks had gas engines in them, imagine running them in doors
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

A small number of folks (mostly in Germany) did all metal tanks in 1/10th with nitro engines in, but my understanding is that they were always niche products built to order by craftsmen, who where often retired machinists and such like.

Check out this site for more: http://tanks.linite.com
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Tiger6 wrote:A small number of folks (mostly in Germany) did all metal tanks in 1/10th with nitro engines in, but my understanding is that they were always niche products built to order by craftsmen, who where often retired machinists and such like.

Check out this site for more: http://tanks.linite.com
That's my buddy Jerry Carducci aka Tanque over at RC Universe. Has the largest collection of model tanks that I've ever heard of - 110+ & even has his own foundry onsite.

Return to “General Questions”