Tiger tracks on HL panther

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AshMann
Corporal

Tiger tracks on HL panther

Post by AshMann »

Hello, i've been working on my HL panther ausf g for a little while due to the whole lockdown situation and i've been trying to figure out a way to put tiger tracks on it? I've tried using the stock drive sprockets from the panther with old HL tiger tracks and i've found that the tiger tracks sit way too close to the hull side and the track and sprocket dont mesh well, i havent tried a tiger 1 drive wheel yet but i want to know if theres some way to make it fit? I want wider tracks to give my tank a fierce look, and the thinner stock tracks arent cutting it, and i found a pair of tracks from a torro tiger (the all plastic ones from long ago), and i really want these tracks on my panther, they're painted and weathered nicely and would make the tank stand out more once its all painted and done.
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1

Return to “General Questions”