taigen tiger 1

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
ARIA53
Recruit

taigen tiger 1

Post by ARIA53 »

Hi, I have just been given a Taigen Tiger 1 late production which I would like to repaint it. The tank has zimmerit which seem's to be made of something that is slightly soft, how's best to rub down and paint this ? Thank's ,Graham
john1970
Corporal

Re: taigen tiger 1

Post by john1970 »

The zimmerit on a taigen/torro tiger is made from rubber so rubbing it down is just going to ruin it. Their is a topic on the forum by wibblywobbly where he uses acetone free nail vanish remover to remove the paint worth a read.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28273&p=270619&hil ... +1#p270619
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: taigen tiger 1

Post by tankme »

I used some stuff called "Super Clean" degreaser full strength on some Warhammer 40K plastic miniatures that I painted when I was a kid. It removed both the enamel and acrylic paint on them after soaking for 6-8 hours without softening the plastic.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Questions”