Aerials to fit or not

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Aerials to fit or not

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Eyes out on a Tank aerial................serves you right for getting too close..................
Bead on the end..................nope, as above, they will only do it once as my Grandmother & Mum said........
I often use H/L aerials as representative of the ones used by German AFV's as they are robust, and free with every one I buy ;)
They are flexible, sturdy, and look ok when trimmed to length and painted.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BlueWotsit57
Private

Post by BlueWotsit57 »

Mick, knowing my luck it will roll off the workbench !!!!!
Heng Long Sherman, Heng Long Tiger 1.....and now a Tamiya Tiger 1.............more to come I am sure 8)
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

With my aerials I tend to cut them down to a less eye gouging length and either fit it or leave it in the box dependant on where the mood takes me. But as I don’t use the pennants there’s no real function. They are just the for a little something extra and on all but one of my tanks can be removed as I keep the original mounts.
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

A small colored pendent would keep most from poking a eye out !
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition

Return to “General Questions”