Where is scalawag?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Where is scalawag?

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Hey guys I know scalawag left the forum a while ago and now all his posts and pictures are gone, anyone know if his on any other forums? I really enjoyed his builds and would like to keep seeing them, he did some really good stuff and was very helpful chap, cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Where is scalawag?

Post by Tiger6 »

I believe that group closed their forum and moved onto facebook a couple of years ago.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Tiger6 wrote:I believe that group closed their forum and moved onto facebook a couple of years ago.
Nah dude scalawag was chap named Paul that used to be on here not a group Image there was some issues and he left, all his build used to be on here still but all his pics and posts have disappeared now, I just wondered if anyone new if he was on another forum Image

Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

spongehoobtank82 wrote:
Tiger6 wrote:I believe that group closed their forum and moved onto facebook a couple of years ago.
Nah dude scalawag was chap named Paul that used to be on here not a group Image there was some issues and he left, all his build used to be on here still but all his pics and posts have disappeared now, I just wondered if anyone new if he was on another forum Image

He was also a member of rc tank regiment who moved onto Facebook.

I think he's left the rctank hobby and got into star wars costuming. He was selling his tanks off.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Ah that's a shame he did some good work and was a master of the turnigy 9xr tx/er9tank firmware well cheers for the info Tom

Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

spongehoobtank82 wrote:Nah dude scalawag was chap named Paul that used to be on here
I used to know Paul personally, dude :/
I just wondered if anyone new if he was on another forum Image
See my original statement for what happened to the other forum he was on.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Tiger6 wrote:
spongehoobtank82 wrote:Nah dude scalawag was chap named Paul that used to be on here
I used to know Paul personally, dude :/
I just wondered if anyone new if he was on another forum Image
See my original statement for what happened to the other forum he was on.
Ok cheers dude I will have a look on there Image much obliged Image

Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I did not know him a lot, but at the very beginning of my hobby, he helped me with er9x software, and then I became this radio monster.

Wherever you are, thanks, Paul.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Rad_Schuhart wrote:I did not know him a lot, but at the very beginning of my hobby, he helped me with er9x software, and then I became this radio monster.

Wherever you are, thanks, Paul.
Well rad I now know where to come for my er9x problems :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

What has become clear over the years that I have been privileged to be a member of this Forum is that this hobby does bring out the bulldog in some of us and some of the very best of us have paid the price by losing their membership.
It is not my place to question the rules that govern our actions but I say a heartfelt God bless to Paul, Alpha and others and yes Tom I include you in this praise of your and their determination to stick up for what you and they think is right,
It takes moral guts to stick up for what you think is right knowing the potential cost :thumbup:
It might not always be comfortable for this Forum to hear it but effective medicines often leave a bad taste, I would not be a Mod for all the Tamiya Tank kits in the world :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”