Club meets in the UK

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Club meets in the UK

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Just s thought. With non essential journeys being banned and gatherings of more than two people also outlawed, l guess our meets have to be on hold for some while. I assume Grantham is off then? Maybe someone could confirm?

I have to admit, just out of hospital with my left leg in plaster (got done just in time!) I'm obliged to be self isolating anyway! I will get there one day :'(
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Club meets in the UK

Post by tomhugill »

Yes cancelled

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Break a leg, GJ, with the isolation. :D ;)
Seriously, hope you're ok now. :thumbup:
The semi-solitary existence is the norm in my Highland village, but that was ok when it was voluntary (we still had enjoyable, if sporadic, meetings and events). Now that it's compulsory, the rest of the year is looking a bit bleak. :problem: :| Sadly, it's going to be really bleak for some. :'(
I'm also wondering whether ordering a tank kit to build, or even upgrade parts, - as a distraction- might be thwarted by worldwide shutdown measures. :think:
Cargo planes are still flying, I believe- but for how long?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01

Haha! It was my ankle, broken last July but diagnosed on several occasions as just a sprain, but l knew otherwise! So l've been off my foot now for 10 months, stuck indoors. I've got plenty of building to do but l've yet to find a way to get my leg under a work bench! I was coping fine with online shopping but all that changed with panic buying.

Models, particularly big boxes via couriers, seem to get through okay down south at the moment. I'm sure RC Tanks fall into the essential shopping category :{
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Haha! It was my ankle, broken last July but diagnosed on several occasions as just a sprain, but l knew otherwise! So l've been off my foot now for 10 months, stuck indoors. I've got plenty of building to do but l've yet to find a way to get my leg under a work bench! I was coping fine with online shopping but all that changed with panic buying.

Models, particularly big boxes via couriers, seem to get through okay down south at the moment. I'm sure RC Tanks fall into the essential shopping category :{
Dec., 2015, I shattered my right ankle (foot was flapping around, semi detached). It took 13 Titanium screws to bolt it back together, and six months learning to walk again. :| Ironically, the day the skeletal catastrophe occurred, I'd just received my Chally 2. There it was, in its unopened box (looking forlorn), as the ambulance crew heaved me out of the house. :O I Can't believe I asked them if we could take it with us- but that was probably because of the nice jab of Morphine, in the bum, I'd just had, as well as the substantial whiff of 'Laughing Gas' (Nitrous Oxide).
In short..you really have my sympathy. Being voluntarily legless is one thing (and fun), but getting around on crutches, quite another. :wtf: Damaged ankles really hurt 8O . You must have used quite a bit of bottled 'anaesthetic' to cope with that. 25-year old anaesthetic is recommended. :lolno:
Perhaps model tanks could be classified as 'essential' because they produce pleasure, in the main (except when the buggers don't work). Pleasure, in turn, stimulates the production of endorphins- which then boost the immune system! Yay! We all need a healthy one of those. Ergo- tanks are essential! :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01

What a salesman! I'll buy that. :)

Return to “General Questions”