Trouble with my 1/16th scale hen long tiger

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Wulfwagen
Recruit

Trouble with my 1/16th scale hen long tiger

Post by Wulfwagen »

Hi there,
I am a newbie to the rc tank world and have had this hen long tiger 1 for a long while, with all the latest I thought I would get it going, unfortunately I cannot find the original transmitter as it is on the a/b/c band 27.145mhz, they so it would seem sre hard to come by, my question is could I buy a 27mhz crystal controller and board and fit it to my tank?,
Many thanks.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Trouble with my 1/16th scale hen long tiger

Post by Jimster »

Here’s food for thought. You could buy a Taigen V3 replacement board kit that includes the transmitter. Not too expensive and your tank will like the the upgrade.
Wulfwagen
Recruit

Post by Wulfwagen »

Jimster wrote:Here’s food for thought. You could buy a Taigen V3 replacement board kit that includes the transmitter. Not too expensive and your tank will like the the upgrade.
Hi Jimster,
The Taigen v3 is this also known as the TK 6.0 board for the Hen Long, as I do own a 2.4 GHz transmitter, I presume upgrading the cables isn't too much trouble i.e. adding the appropriate clips for the new board?
Wulfwagen
Recruit

Post by Wulfwagen »

Does anyone know where to find something similar to this?
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... _6.0_.html
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The original "Sender"Transmitter is still available on e-bay, The replacement crystals are available from ---
www.forgebeartanks.com
or from
www.rctank.de
If you want to upgrade to a 2.4 GHz Digital Taigen V3 or a Heng Long Version 6.0 there is a bit more to it than swapping a few wires around.
First of all assuming you wish to change from 27 mHz to 2.4 GHz my first question is are the connections to the control board JST 2.0 plugs or are the connections soldered in place ?
Next question is if everything is soldered in place how adept are you at soldering replacement JST 2.0 plugs in place and reading a wiring diagram,
If all the connections are JST 2.0 plugs you need only to unplug from the old control board and plug into the replacement Taigen V3 Control board,
You will also need a new Digital Taigen Transmitter.
Converting to the Heng Long Version 6.0 is going to involve some rewiring plus the purchase of a new Heng Long transmitter.
So do you really want to upgrade to Digital or are you willing to settle for the cost of an original "Sender" Transmitter and a pair of matching crystals ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Wulfwagen
Recruit

Post by Wulfwagen »

Yes, they are all soldered direct to the board, but I am willing to give it a go and have an understanding of reading wiring diagrams, it would be a desolder and resolder on JST 2.0 plugs.
The reason I am willing to go for this option is that I already own a 2.4ghz transmitter, however, if it would be a better upgrade to install a Taigen V3 upgrade and transmitter I will go for that, the reason I'm not purchasing a new transmitter and crystals is that its a, A/B/C band board, are there any recommendations for places to buy a Taigen transmitter and V3 upgrade board?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

www.forgebeartanks.com
Is selling a package containing a Taigen V3 Control board/an upgraded speaker and a new Taigen Transmitter as well as a Sound Module all for £77, He only has a few left,
If you wish to change to 2.4 Digital this would be the way I would go :thumbup:
Prior to the introduction of the Taigen V3 Board your aftermarket 2.4 Transmitter would have been redundant because all of the Heng Long and Taigens pre V3 boards were a closed radio system that only allowed the makers own transmitters to work the board,
The Taigen V3 has the facility to work with an aftermarket 2.4 Transmitter but it does mean sacrificing some of the abilities of the Taigen transmitter.
JST 2.0 Plugs are readily available for pennies on e-bay.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Wulfwagen
Recruit

Post by Wulfwagen »

Brilliant thankyou Jarndice, I appreciate the speedy replies too!

Return to “General Questions”