Mato Panzer 3 fault issue

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Greenford
Recruit

Mato Panzer 3 fault issue

Post by Greenford »

Hi, I have the above Mato that has developed a fault that I can’t fix can any one help please
When I switch it on the gun starts to flick slightly and a whirling sound is prominent I can’t use any controls on hand control it seems to have overridden all the functions but I can’t seem to reset it.
All wires etc are in place but the fault persists can any one advise how I can either reset or have any ideas this is a new item so should be fine, it was working ok the next day had the fault
Muc( appreciated to those that read and or reply

Many thanks
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Mato Panzer 3 fault issue

Post by jarndice »

I cannot help wondering what you would do if I a perfect stranger moved in next door and upon ringing your doorbell I did not introduce myself but instead demanded to use your toolbox ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Greenford please feel free to write a proper introduction, and we will gladly do all we can to help. It's a way to get to know new members before they ask questions
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Greenford
Recruit

Post by Greenford »

You are both of course correct however in defence I put the question in the wrong place I hope you accept my apologies I’m sure it’s not the first time though
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Mr Greenford welcome. It seems a tricky one. I have known servos or motors to develop faults and make the noise you speak of. But I have never had one effect the whole system
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Stating the obvious check the battery is fully charged...

Next, I think that there is a micro switch controlling the recoil/BB mechanism, it may be out of alignment if the barrel has been knocked. May be worth attempting to gently cycle the gun to see if it resets?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

This seems like a Low charged battery or a problem with binding the Transmitter to the Tank, certainly that would be where I would start looking for a solution,
Mato is a bit left field in 1/16 Armour as almost none of the parts are interchangeable with other makers 1/16 tanks and the quality is very much of the curates egg variety,
As our Irish friends are fond of saying---
"If I was wanting a 1/16 Panzer 111 I would not be starting from here",
A comment Which is no use to you at all :thumbdown:
So check the battery in the tank is fully charged and that the batteries in the Transmitter are fresh and rebind the Tank to the Transmitter because with those issues sorted to your satisfaction you can then dig deeper.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

On the tankzone website it says that the mato panzer iii comes with a tk22 board dont know if this would be of help to anyone.
As for the whirling sound that could be the smoke unit or a motor stuck trying to complete a cycle.
Only thing i can think of doing is make sure your batteries are charge as already mentioned and perhaps remove the upper hull unplug it from the board and see if you have any response from the controller in moving the tank.
Greenford
Recruit

Post by Greenford »

Thank you all again certainly will try the battery issues sounds a good one to try
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Sounds like a servo issue if controlled by Clark board, the glitching seems to be the result of a radio issue or servo :problem:

It's possible to take a video?
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “General Questions”