Question : Specs of the Haya 6.3 controller

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Question : Specs of the Haya 6.3 controller

Post by Jay-Em »

Does anyone know the specs of the Haya 6.3 controller?

I’m mainly interested in max Amp-load for the motors.
I currently own 2 sets. ( thnx Haya.. bloody fast shipment ! ) and the details are a bit hard to find.

A manual would also be very welcome, since the sets came without manuals, and some of the functions aren’t exactly clear to me, or rather, hòw to use the functions i.e. button-stick kombi’s on that odd transmitter. ( can for the love of all that’s holy, not find the dual speed option, like the HL 6.0 has f.i. )

I already found-out most of it, but am still struggling a bit. :P

By the by: fitting the 6.3 to an elderly IR Jagdpanzer was a doddle, it just cost me my entire stash of jxr ( ? ) small molex connectors, but there’s no inscrutible jiggery-pokery magic going on with combined 8 pin contra’s -or more- magic.. :haha: Just solder wires and connectors to the respective motors and momentary switches, have a look in the HL t72 manual for the functions of the connector ports. Stick plugs in.... Ir, gun flash, machine gun, lights, recoil, all worky.. Happy puppy here.

( by the by, You’ll need òne 3-pin molex for the IR, and one contra 3-pins, the rest is all standard 2-pins)
Last edited by Jay-Em on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john1970
Corporal

Re: Question : Specs of the Haya 6.3 controller

Post by john1970 »

The main board is basically a heng long 6.1 relabelled. You might be able to bind the heng long 6.0 controller to the haya board i have the haya 6.3 but not a heng long 6.0 so dont know if it will work
Jay-Em
Corporal

Post by Jay-Em »

:thumbup: Wow. That was quick. Now I’ll just have to get some specs. I also got two of those roundish transmitters, so no need to bind the HL 6.0 one. Worth the experiment, though..

Thnx

Wahddayaknow!!! You càn actually bind the 6.0 transmitter. I haven’t tested everything, but smoker works, sound switching works, motors and steering work.

Binding is easy too. : switch transmitter on, hold Engine Start, switch controller on, wait aboot 3 seconds.. and ‘hey Presto’ motor starts, and it works.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

This is useful information, and so thanks to you both for posting it :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A wee while ago I found this pic on Banggood (?- it may have been another Chinese site):
Heng Long TK 6.1S
Heng Long TK 6.1S
TK-6.1S.jpg (139.85 KiB) Viewed 845 times
A cursory look shows that the board can accept 7.4 DCV - 12.6V.
Then there's the mention of '160A'. I wonder whether this means the tracks can handle 160 A, or whether that's; 80A X 2; or the total capacity of the board with all functions at the max? Still, it's an indicator of some sort- if a tad inscrutable. :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jay-Em
Corporal

Post by Jay-Em »

I feel it’s 2x80 amps for the motors ( peak) which usually means about 2x25amps continuous. So, the controller would run a luxury DKLMRC gearbox with a big 550 easy, same for DKLMrc’s ‘normal gearboxes . And maybe also a gearbox with 2 rs540sh 27-turns beercans. ( I believe the Tamiya Leopard once had 2 rs540 sh 27-turns on board. Not sure. The motorization has changed through the times, and my last Tamiya 1/16 was the Prtl with one motor and dual clutches. Years ago..)

Not bad if that’s indeed the case with the Haya controller too, since it seems to be a rebadged 6.1s.

Return to “General Questions”