Printer problem - CR-10

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Printer problem - CR-10

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey Guys, my Creality CR-10 has been acting up on me. You have the knob that you use to select function and then you push the knob in to make it go, and it beeps when you push in the knob. On mine, when it's sitting idle it will beep and change from the info screen to the menu all on it's own. A few seconds later it will beep again and go back to the info screen. All without being touched. This hasn't really been a problem so I wasn't too worried but today it did something new that has me concerned. When I left for work i left it printing a fuel drum, with just a couple hours till the print finished. When I got home I found that it had finished the fuel drum, and then moved to the front of the build plate and printed the first item on the SD card, without anyone telling it to do that. Maybe the knob needs to be replaced? I've tried jiggling it and pulling out slightly and it doesn't seem to make any difference, it still beeps and laughs at me. The problem is that it's getting the signal as though I had pushed the knob, even though the knob hasn't been pushed.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any ideas?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Printer problem - CR-10

Post by midlife306 »

Is your house haunted???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

8O I'd worry if I came home, and found that it had printed Freddie Kruger :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Yup I'd say you have a faulty selector knob. If the printer is not very old return it under warranty, otherwise try and get a new selector knob spare from the manufacturer/seller.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

new display panels arent expensive, probably cheaper to get a new one - just make sure you by the correct one, as the CR10 front panel board is different to the CR10S
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks, Guys, I guess I'll start looking at parts. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

If you cant get one ,make sure there is only one item on the micro/sd card. so it wont ghost print.

regards pete

Return to “General Questions”