[FIXED] Challenger 2 (Heng Long V6) Main gun not firing.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Morkath
Recruit

Re: [FIXED] Challenger 2 (Heng Long V6) Main gun not firing.

Post by Morkath »

Thanks goes out to you and all the other posters in this thread for helping me get to the bottom of the issue.

The transmitter isn't actually as bad as I thought, helps that I found the control sticks in the accessories pack with all the tank details, much better control than two empty stumps.

Chances are the Torro one isn't much better either.

I think I'm just looking back to the 80's with rose tinted glasses when we had petrol radio control cars and large transmitters with giant aerials. Add an aerial, give it metal housing and it's probably not that much different, not that it needs those I guess.

If there are ones out there with more functions, possibly programmable then I'll likely take a look for them at some point but that's probably one of the last items on my list to replace. Still as you say though it will need to be compatible with whatever MFU I go with so I'll have to consider options when I come to replace the MFU.

Still, lots of reading through these forums until I start I'm clear on what I need to buy.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Just for info, l've used that seller for items and he is very helpful. Simply contact the seller first and more than often they'll sort out a replacement at their cost without needing eBay or PayPal to step in. Good to hear you've sorted it though.

The Challenger printed full armour kit may cost you as much as the base level tank but it is a nice upgrade. Haya say the barrel recoil, smoke and flash components should be with them next month (in the UK) which is as quick as buying from China!

I've just finished a Chally but maybe giving it a premature overhaul when Forgebear returns from their hols ;)

Oh, and welcome!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. If you do go with hobby grade electronics a couple of the more popular radios here are the flysky i6 and i10, and the Turnigy 9XR Pro. Both excellent transmitters at a decent price, and the i10 (my personal fave) is extremely programmable.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Morkath
Recruit

Post by Morkath »

Thanks for the info, you've been very helpful.

I was looking at haya before, some of their prices weren't that competitive but they had a decent stock list and info about the recoil + smoke and flash is gold dust, likewise the info on the radios is very helpful.

Return to “General Questions”