recoil

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jstevens
Private

recoil

Post by jstevens »

Can someone please give some advice on recoil units, there are now 3d printed, plastic and of course metal units, servo driven and conventional, any that should be avoided or any that you would recommend?
leopardgreece
Corporal

Re: recoil

Post by leopardgreece »

? prefer metal and for upper hull servo traverse 3D turret turning servo modules.....!!!!!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

???????? ??? ?? SM-N950F ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

Thanks for your reply, I notice that you have used plenty of grease on the mechanisms..
leopardgreece
Corporal

Post by leopardgreece »

Just a little to the teeth Image

Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

I have fitted a full metal set on my Challenger 2 as the 3D printed one looked a little brittle for my liking (NB it might have been fine but I prefer the robustness of the metal stuff)
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

I know the 3D printed accessories look a bit brittle and it put me off a bit but I know how good the material is now so I am sure they are more than up to it. using metal gives some extra weight as well..
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

IMG_5930.JPG
IMG_5930.JPG (98.92 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
Hello :D
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html
leopardgreece
Corporal

Post by leopardgreece »

Yes of course they give some extra weight. My turret is already half metal but the 3D printed servo traverse do perfect work. It turns the turret perfect although the weight. Image

jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

I have been looking at upgrading my Leopard to a metal turret its weighing in at 8kg already! I think I might get a 3D printed recoil unit just to have a look and see they perform even though I know it comes down to the board as well. I have a TK60 in my Leopard.
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

Another question on the subject of recoil, can you get a recoil unit that does the airsoft BB feature?

Return to “General Questions”