Leopard 2A6 barrel elevation

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
leopardgreece
Corporal

Leopard 2A6 barrel elevation

Post by leopardgreece »

Hallo to every body .I noticed that the main gun/barrel doesnt goes very up with the servo recoil and elevation unit. U can see the mark that the servo recoil and elevation unit touches a little box A with some angles . Can i file a little the box A due to goes the barrel more up ? What is the purpose of that box ? Next to it is the IR led ...so is it for that reason? To stop and leave some space for the IR led wires ....? So i m thinking....can i file a little the box A or leave it as is ....???ImageImageImageImage

???????? ??? ?? SM-P605 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Leopard 2A6 barrel elevation

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

If the Cannon's movement is visibly impeded by adjacent hull parts, then filing for relief might be an option. The amount of elevation will also depend on how far the gun mechanism can travel into the lower hull space. If it's already almost touching bits in there (like the MFU, for example), then creating more elevation would be counterproductive.
Another idea is to compare the elevation (and depression) of your gun with this one:
phpBB [video]

This tank is using a Clark controller with a custom elevation/recoil unit. Perhaps you could consider that option, if you're unhappy with the current lift. How much is it supposed to elevate in reality? (actual Leopard)
It was something like -9 to +20 degrees on the first Leopard 2. Not sure about the 2A6
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2103220
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
leopardgreece
Corporal

Post by leopardgreece »

?n reality it elevates -15 to 70 degrees depression and elevation. I understand ur advices and notes . I will start work again after holidays. I just want to elevate a little more that the stosk heng long . I will regulate it in conjuction with the space in the lower hull of course and the space that the IR led wires need . Thank u very very much for ur interesting. Happy Christmas from Greece ,Athens. ImageImageImageImageImage

???????? ??? ?? SM-P605 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
Leopard2a5Build
Recruit

Post by Leopard2a5Build »

Hey mate from where do you got your gun servo recoil and elevation kit from? im gonna start a project to with the same tank model as yours for 600€ unpainted.
leopardgreece
Corporal

Post by leopardgreece »

Leopard2a5Build i bought it fron rctank.de
Merry Christmas my friend

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N950F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”