New sound card.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
BamaCoop
Recruit

New sound card.

Post by BamaCoop »

I have purchased two Taigen tanks. One tiger one early and one Sherman. I want to have more authentic sounds. How is the difficulty level of installing a new sound card for someone like me who is rather new to the hobby (these are my first two tanks, I can however, install computer parts.) Also, where do most people suggest I look to get the sound cards? These tanks are for my personal fun and showing off to my high school history students from time to time.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: New sound card.

Post by Kaczor »

To change sounds to more realistic you have to completely change main board, some wiring and of course receiver and transmitter. There are some "almost plug and play" boards: Clark, IBU, Elmod (plus some obscure ones like Open Panzer). Other option is Benedini sound card (or Chinese knock off).

Both cases are for more experienced modellers but you can find tutorials how to make it. But remember, some of those boards are as expensive as tank itself (not couting new radio).
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

You could look at upgrading the standard speakers, plus there are amplifier modules you can get if you need more volume?
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

There is a niche market spot waiting for whoever comes up with a Taigen V2/3 compatible plug in Sound Card with a wider range of sounds of superior quality.
As it is you could certainly change the speaker for a better quality replacement such as a Verizon Fr5 (Small) Fr 7 (Medium) Fr 8 (Large),
Do make sure that your speaker is enclosed in a decent speaker box or you are just wasting your money. but If you want decent sounds you will pay for it in $$$,
Benedini is the usual first choice of replacement sound cards but there are others,
If you are prepared to replace the heart of your Tiger for a board that will transform your Tanks overall abilities not only the sounds then "Kaczor's" list is a good one to check out.
The Sherman in common with the Panzer 111/4 suffers from limited interior space which controls what can be fitted inside although using "Velcro" to line the inside of the Sherman helps to make maximum use of the available space,
The judicious use of Cable ties also helps to make more room.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

I wonder if some how a benidini could work with the v3 if its set up using a hobby grade transmitter
with receiver ???
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:I wonder if some how a benidini could work with the v3 if its set up using a hobby grade transmitter
with receiver ???
Of course.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

LOL , Hi, does that mean it would or would not ??? :thumbup:
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:LOL , Hi, does that mean it would or would not ??? :thumbup:
Means yes, it will work. And it would be a decent setup.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

jarndice wrote: The Sherman in common with the Panzer 111/4 suffers from limited interior space which controls what can be fitted inside although using "Velcro" to line the inside of the Sherman helps to make maximum use of the available space. The judicious use of Cable ties also helps to make more room.
My layout before installation of speaker ;) Using 3M dual lock velcro.
Attachments
IMG_20190217_182614.jpg
BamaCoop
Recruit

Post by BamaCoop »

Volume is fine, just looking for a more realistic Sherman sound without having to get too technical.

Return to “General Questions”