chains on tanks

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: chains on tanks

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The Russians were supplied with 4102 M4A2 Shermans under lend-lease. All it would need would be renumbering!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

To get back on topic, I would also suggest ebay. You can get metres of the stuff for not very much.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I hadn't expected the howitzer fitted types to have been supplied under the lend lease arrangement but having just checked with Wici' they apparently were BUT having also checked out the images the arrangement must have included a clause where the Shermans had to be kept uncluttered and with no slogans. How boring!! They look better in sloppy, untidy and unprofessional US hands :wtf:

As for Eastern Fronts, shhh! If you tell anyone l'll just deny it ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I like to use cheap costume jewelry and buy it in person since you can never tell the size and shape of the chain easily online.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Same here, when I waltz into the bead making supplies shop & get asked what I need & what for, the answer just confuses and terrifies them !!
Once I went and it was a Saturday "beading club" meeting at the shop............bunch of old bags sitting around comparing ailment stories :/
Seemed to take ages like time slowed down, for me to find the chain, pay & bug-out.
But the stuff is good.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Little chains from rc tank de. Makes the rear of tank look a little better and a brass track holder is more robust than the Taigen plastic ones on my Panther F :D
Much better than the plastic version
Much better than the plastic version
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Local crafts stores usually have small/ fine linked chain in abundance!
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition

Return to “General Questions”