Taigen to Heng Long

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
PershingLover
Corporal

Taigen to Heng Long

Post by PershingLover »

Can I use a Taigen v3 board with Heng Long wires? They don't seem to match. Can I plug and play, or must I buy new wires?

No Heng Long pin matches those six ports on the side.

Please help!
Attachments
v3+mbpsd.jpg
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Taigen to Heng Long

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I recently fitted a Taigen v2/3 mfu into a HengLong T-34 hull wired for a HL v3.0 mfu. To my surprise everything was a straight swap with the only difference being the left motor plug had to be fitted to the right hand motor socket and visa versa.

However, when l tried to upgrade a HL v3.0 to a v5.3 mfu it required substantial rewiring so having the right versions is all important, for example - a HL v5.3 will not upgrade to a Taigen v3 so easily. Generally speaking, the issues tend to be the upper hull and turret wiring differences. If you have a good set of wiring diagrams and a multi meter and soldering iron then anything is possible!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Will a V2 work with the V2 transmitter? With a sound card?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yes, the V2 MFU works with the V2 TX. The six ports on the side are for using a hobby grade radio, and require a special set of cables. Most things should be a direct swap, depending on the age of the HL. If it started life with an RX-18 it's a straight swap, but the motor cables are reversed, with HL having (I think) right motor in the middle plug (that might be opposite, left motor in the middle), and the Taigen is opposite. If HL has left motor in the middle then Taigen has right motor in the middle.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Can you buy a set of cables to switch a Heng Long set to a Taigen?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Could you please post a pic of your Pershing’s motor and battery wire connectors? Or for that matter, a pic of all your wiring would be helpful. We need to get you hooked up right so you don’t get discouraged.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Is your HL one of the pre RX-18s, the RX13 or 14? Are a lot of the wires soldered right to the board? If so, you need a jst kit and a set of crimpers. Show me photos of what you have and I can make a set of cables, but you'll still need to put jst plugs on anything that's soldered to the board. All the wires you need are already there, you just need to hook them to the V2. Photos, Man, photos.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Photos coming soon, gotta find out how
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That little (tiny) switch on the board that turns the track recoil on or off makes it a V3 board.

Return to “General Questions”