Just a Xmas thing?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Just a Xmas thing?

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Just browsing through e-bay to see what's out there and found the HL Tiger 1 v6.0 model l purchased a few weeks ago, same tank, same seller. I paid £89.99 which included free 2 day courier delivery. Today they want £389.99. No , checked, everything is the same and when l clicked on it it asked if l wanted to buy another! In disbelief l scrolled down to view other similar items from other sellers..... all the same price give or take!

What on earth is going on? Lots of good press, selling out of stock, still high Xmas demand = market forces?? Am l glad l got in when l did!

I suggest we hold back and don't get sucked in. The bubble will burst and, hopefully, prices will return to normality.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Wildboar44
Corporal

Re: Just a Xmas thing?

Post by Wildboar44 »

Sad but true, Greed has no distinction and this time of year brings out the worst, what happened to being fair and reasonable ?
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I note that the V6.0 Leopard, T90, and Sherman are still under £150. :| I have heard of lost leaders before; but lost Tigers..? :problem: Hmmm
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01

I must confess l was sorely tempted to snatch one of those Leopards, still a good price at £120 odd, but it would be opening a flood gate if l started expanding my interests beyond WW2 - l must try to retain some sort of control!

I'm sure that the fact that you can buy reasonable quality complete RTR models for around £100 has not just kept our hobby alive during tough times but has actually promoted its growth. Look at the new member rate on this site! Once hooked we all go bonkers and are prepared to pay much more for 'special' items but HengLong's 'plastic' versions continue to appeal to many. Greedy sellers are just shooting themselves in the foot... But do they care? They just move on to exploit another market :(
Jimmic
Recruit

Post by Jimmic »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Just browsing through e-bay to see what's out there and found the HL Tiger 1 v6.0 model l purchased a few weeks ago, same tank, same seller. I paid £89.99 which included free 2 day courier delivery. Today they want £389.99. No , checked, everything is the same and when l clicked on it it asked if l wanted to buy another! In disbelief l scrolled down to view other similar items from other sellers..... all the same price give or take!

What on earth is going on? Lots of good press, selling out of stock, still high Xmas demand = market forces?? Am l glad l got in when l did!

I suggest we hold back and don't get sucked in. The bubble will burst and, hopefully, prices will return to normality.
Some sellers do this when they are out of stock of an item- I've come across this many times and not just at Christmas. Might be something to do with maintaining an Ebay presence, but it must put people off going back to them. Ebay should prevent this sort of thing happening but I guess it's a free market. :/
General Jumbo01

General Jumbo01 wrote:I must confess l was sorely tempted to snatch one of those Leopards, still a good price at £120 odd, but it would be opening a flood gate if l started expanding my interests beyond WW2 - l must try to retain some sort of control!
Doh! Look, it wasn't my fault. I blame Dave & Julie who haven't sold me a new tank for ages...well a few weeks.. and £134 for a V6 one, well, what else was l going to open on 25th, eh?

Now, the flood gates are open. Double Doh!! :{
General Jumbo01

Bad news and double good news. Bad first - it arrived next day but had several functions not working.

Now the good news, 1/ the seller has been most helpful sending a replacement and a return label for the returns. 2/ the good replacement is a pleasant reminder that these new V6 machines, upgraded or not, drive beautifully both accelerating from a standstill so smoothly, crawling so convincingly and steering more like a car. Given the plastic gearbox and motor appear unchanged, all these improvements seem to be mfu based - great ESCs at last. The gloves are truly off Taigen!
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I echo jumbo on the era. I’m currently exclusive to ww2 allied and soviet
How ever now my dad has a leo I may be forced to go for a centurion and chieften to counter this reckless abandonment of the plan to stick to ww2
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
General Jumbo01

Just in case you haven't noticed, the UK supply of sub £90 HL Tiger1 v6.0 are back on sale. I guess this confirms our assumption that it was indeed a Xmas greed thing! :(

Return to “General Questions”