tamiya pershing question

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
paulc
Private

tamiya pershing question

Post by paulc »

Hi all has anyone else had the following issue with the Tamiya pershing. when trying to raise and lower the gun elevation it keeps jumping . thing is when I removed the spring it works fine. Kinda scratching my head on this as it should work if its ment to be there.
Tamiya tanks X2 Shermans, JS2, KV1,KV2, Pershing, x2 Tiger, King tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanzer.
Heng long Panzer III
Torro Sturmtiger
Tamiya / Torro Jagdtiger
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: tamiya pershing question

Post by Tiger6 »

There is a slipper clutch in the elevation mechanism. When it gets a bit worn, the spring tends to overpower it.
paulc
Private

Post by paulc »

its a brand new build out of the box ??? already thought that. It works great without the spring
Tamiya tanks X2 Shermans, JS2, KV1,KV2, Pershing, x2 Tiger, King tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanzer.
Heng long Panzer III
Torro Sturmtiger
Tamiya / Torro Jagdtiger
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

paulc wrote:its a brand new build out of the box ??? already thought that. It works great without the spring
I think there’s your answer ;)

I’ve done a henglong stug elevation swap in mine and it works much better

Return to “General Questions”