HengLong v6 and 6.1s cannon & flash

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

HengLong v6 and 6.1s cannon & flash

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I don't think this has been covered in a previous post so I'll try here. There has been lots of chat about HengLongs new Ver 6 MFUs and the loads of functions they provide from the transmitter but despite reading the v6/v6.1 manuals and the flysheets on the same I'm still lost when it comes to firing the main cannon.

Firing the BB bullet is simple enough. Showing the aiming light looks simple too, providing you fit the light, but how do you fire the lR system, get the adjusted hull recoil and firing sounds WITHOUT operating the airsoft gun? It's not the BB shell I'm worried about as you can just not load any (but it would add safety) but l don't want the delay in firing or the airsoft noise. I intend fitting a recoil /flash /smoking barrel when available so don't really want to start disabling function that future fitting may require.

Any thoughts anyone?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: HengLong v6 cannon firing

Post by Max-U52 »

You can't fire the IR without firing the airsoft. At least that's how it is on mine.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Boooooo....
I was just about to ask the same question doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01

That's no problem, now there's at least two of us looking for the same solution! We've been searching for ways to turn off the hull recoil, now done for us, so make enough fuss and you never know....

I seem to recall there used to be a bb gun switch fitted beneath a hatch in the various turrets so I'll explore some of my earlier models to see how they were wired and what affect they had. I'll let you all know BUT if anyone can add anything, please do :)
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

On the rx18 they had a button on the TX that you could push and you would get cannon fire and track recoil but nothing would shoot. If they have that in the 6.0 I still haven't found it but it shouldn't be difficult to add.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And I just ordered a T90 so next week my JP will have something to battle against. Different time frames, but we don't care.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

General Jumbo01 wrote:That's no problem, now there's at least two of us looking for the same solution! We've been searching for ways to turn off the hull recoil, now done for us, so make enough fuss and you never know....

I seem to recall there used to be a bb gun switch fitted beneath a hatch in the various turrets so I'll explore some of my earlier models to see how they were wired and what affect they had. I'll let you all know BUT if anyone can add anything, please do :)
The airsoft safety switch wiring looks like this, GJ:
Wiring for Airsoft
Wiring for Airsoft
This is for Taigen, but it was essentially the same at that time.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

...and another useful diagram- again Taigen , but the HL had the same switch wiring...
Wiring diagram for airsoft
Wiring diagram for airsoft
Click to ENLARGE
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01

From those diagrams (thanks) it looks like the switch turns off the power to the red firing warning led and the airsoft motor. It would be easy to add a switch to do the same job but l wonder if it would negatively impact the firing associated functions, like sound, barrel recoil, flash and smoke but IF those are all controlled within the MFU then it could be straight forward. I'm still waiting for a recoil barrel with flash and smoke to be available as an upgrade.

(Edit) I'll try fitting a switch and report back asap
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

Evening all
In my v6 tiger I unplugged the bb unit from the mfu . On the back of the bb unit is a microswitch trigger which is also plugged into the mfu. Remove the microswitch from the bb unit. If you then cut the 2 wires from the microswitch trigger and join the 2 together. What you get when you press the 2 buttons on the transmitter to fire the main gun is. Instant gun sound with track recoil and I.r shot.
You can also wire a superbright 5mm led to the place on the mfu where you unplugged the bb unit and you will get a Barrell flash as well

Return to “Heng Long”