Tiger 1 and LPG?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Tiger 1 and LPG?

Post by jarndice »

Does anyone have any information on the fixtures and fittings of the "StadtGas" LPG Conversion of a Tiger 1 ?
Anyone interested in LPG powered German Armour can get a lot of useful information from
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/
under the heading "Gas Powered Fahrschulwanne Tanks".
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Tiger 1 and LPG?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I think I touched upon this topic a little while ago, Shaun, with a thread I called 'eco-friendly Tiger'. It's certainly worth reinvestigating as, I'm sure, many who come though this portal won't realise just how hard up for fuel the Germans were, post 1943, especially after the loss of the Romanian oilfields, and the destruction, by bombing, of their secret refinery in Poland (?), that produced synthetic fuel :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23077&p=211037&hili ... +1#p211037
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Here's a wee stitch to your thread, Shaun. I really like the Frederick Roland Emmet look of it. :D
(Emett was the 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' car designer)
Gas Powered Tiger 1 in WW2
Gas Powered Tiger 1 in WW2
Gas Powered Fahrschulpanzer-2.jpg (96.59 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When Hemel Hempstead New Town was being built in the 50s the whole side wall of the Town Centre Multi-Storey Car Park was adorned with a full size Emmett mosaic,
It was in the true tradition of the great man both relevant and amusing,
Long gone of course.
Philistines are alive and well and living in Town Halls. :thumbdown:
The rear view of the PZ2 reminds me of a 60s American tracked multiple barrel launcher :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:When Hemel Hempstead New Town was being built in the 50s the whole side wall of the Town Centre Multi-Storey Car Park was adorned with a full size Emmett mosaic,
It was in the true tradition of the great man both relevant and amusing,
Long gone of course.
Philistines are alive and well and living in Town Halls. :thumbdown:
The rear view of the PZ2 reminds me of a 60s American tracked multiple barrel launcher :lolno:
In my long-gone days of public service in London, I lived not far from Hemel, and was partial to the wee intimate theatre they had there. I think it was called the 'OldTownHall' theatre. :thumbup:
In particular, I recall seeing the quirky 'Shakespeare in three minutes', which was really all of the Bard's major plays condensed down to three minutes apiece. :D

Return to “General Questions”