DAK Vehicle tracks

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
percy1510
Corporal

DAK Vehicle tracks

Post by percy1510 »

Good Morning everybody
I have been working on a Tiger for the past few weeks. I have gone with the Dak colour scheme and I am very pleased with the way things are working out. My question today is what to do with the tracks. They are metal tracks but are currently shinny and silver. On my previous models the metal tracks have been black and I know that I can use a chemical process to turn these tracks black but I dont think that black tracks would look correct on a DAK Vehicle. If I paint the tracks will the paint just chip away to nothing thru use?
Any body got any tips regarding what colours to use but also technique to colour the tracks
Thanks in Advance
Glyn
jarndice
Colonel

Re: DAK Vehicle tracks

Post by jarndice »

If you have ever seen a vehicle after a sandstorm you would be looking at something that has just been blasted free of paint,
The tracks of a Tank in North Africa would be very shiny in the day but in the early morning would have the beginnings of a rust coating because they would very quickly lose any colour due the abrasive effects of the sand and rocks.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
percy1510
Corporal

Re: DAK Vehicle tracks

Post by percy1510 »

Thank you for that. Think I will try to go for a light rust coating.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com

Return to “General Questions”