Torro M16 combined with Trumpeter M16 build

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Torro M16 combined with Trumpeter M16 build

Post by BarryC »

Hi folks,

Has anyone here accomplished a build combining the Torro M16 drive with the Trumpeter M16 Halftrack kit?

Thinking about doing just that. o-

TIA
Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Torro M16 combined with Trumpeter M16 build

Post by Tiger6 »

Probably not many improvements to be made on the Torro M16 in the process is my take based on previous forum posts elsewhere, as the Trumpeter is pretty the same as the Torro, which was beefed up where it needs to be for RC - specifically the running gear is chunkier on the Torro and I have seen posts about how flimsy the Trumpeter was when it first came out.

Now in true RCTW fashion there will be a dozen replys from the usual suspects on tangential issues, and others on how great their Torro is, but never having had a Trumpeter kit in front of me I can't say that it absolutely wouldn't work out better in your expert hands 8) All I can say it that I doubt you could improve on its RC aspects by buying the static kit :thumbup:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

In March of last year (2018) I answered this same question, I remembered that "Painless Wolf" had condensed the Trumpeter M16 kit into the WSN/Torro RTR M16 producing as ever a brilliant build.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Thanks guys!

I had found Painless's thread but I thought I had seen an actual build thread or at least the beginning of one.

The Trumpeter kit offers a cab with open windshield and door armor as well as other details not found on the OOB Torro model.

Just kicking the idea around though I really like the Halftrack.
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “General Questions”