axle supports for taigen tiger 1

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
tank man
Recruit

axle supports for taigen tiger 1

Post by tank man »

hello were do I find axle supports for my taigen tiger 1 thanks :D
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: axle supports for taigen tiger 1

Post by forgebear »

hi tank man will this help
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p2 ... _Long.html

thanks dave
desmo16
Private

Post by desmo16 »

I would be interested in buying this article myself ... I would like to know how they fit. I own a Taigen Torro Tiger1 full metal.
Thanks
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Take the Body off the Hull,
Remove the Tracks,
Remove the Sprocket Caps and the Sprockets,
Unscrew the Output Shaft Covers,
Use silicon spray or Lithium Grease on the Gearbox Output Shafts,
Slide the Output Shaft Bearings down the Shafts with the countersunk side of the screw holes on the bearings on the outside.
Turn the bearings until the holes in the bearings are opposite a clear part of the inside of the Hull so that after you have drilled the holes for the screws there is space for the nuts to be fitted onto the threads of the screws,
Drill then fit the screws and nuts,
Smear threadlock over the nut and refit the covers and the sprockets and caps and the tracks and the Tank Body.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tank man
Recruit

Post by tank man »

ok thanks all :D :clap:
desmo16
Private

Post by desmo16 »

Hi everyone, could you please tell me how to remove these protections on the transmission axis?

forgebear

Post by forgebear »

there are 3 pegs it is glued in place so you would need to get solvent to melt glue to soften it up and then try carefully to pull it off :thumbup:
Darkdog45
Recruit

Post by Darkdog45 »

Hi Desmo 16 - did you have any luck with removing the output shaft covers ? I am wanting to do the same but bit nervous of how best to proceed. Once the new shaft guides are installed are the shaft covers glued back into place. I am assuming that the three plastic lugs used to secure the output shaft covers will have been lost in the removal process. Thanks - Paul
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

forgebear wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:30 am there are 3 pegs it is glued in place so you would need to get solvent to melt glue to soften it up and then try carefully to pull it off :thumbup:
In my experience the glue is very thinly applied and with very careful use of a sharp edge you can get into the cover where it joins the hull and break the glues hold and the cover will come away. If you do make a cock of it spare covers are available for a few pennies.
Some of the early ones were held in place by a screw and pegs/lugs,
The pegs/lugs are part of the cover and they have always come out intact as part of the cover, The secret is GENTLY work a blade around the base of the cover just lifting the blade a very little as you work around the cover until it is free.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
By removing the motors, you should see inside, the small plastic studs, which hold this part? a mini drill, hands or electric, nun small forest, drill gently (not completely) then pry on the outside with a knife blade
without forcing too much :thumbup:

Return to “General Questions”