Tamiya rc 1/16 jadgpanzer idlers

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
darthgeoff
Recruit

Tamiya rc 1/16 jadgpanzer idlers

Post by darthgeoff »

Hey guys I'm after the above tank just wanted your thoughts on the plastic idlers are they trong enough? Or does it need the metal wheels? If so where do you get them? Thanks Geoff
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tamiya rc 1/16 jadgpanzer idlers

Post by jarndice »

The Jagdpanzer is based on a stretched Panzer 4 hull so spares for the running gear of either should be obtainable from any dealer selling Tamiya parts for the PZ4.
It would be easier to pinpoint a suitable dealer if I knew where in the World you are.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Tamiya rc 1/16 jadgpanzer idlers

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Many of Tamiya's suspension parts are made from ABS, which is a very strong and durable plastic. In addition, the bearings and bushes supplied keep rolling resistance (another strain on the running gear) to a minimum.
I'd say the ones provided should be fine. In any event, changing the idlers will probably mean changing the pivots, and track adjuster arms as well, since Tamiya fittings are not the same as those used on Taigen/Hl models. :think: The idlers on my Tamiya Panzer IV (same as yours) certainly seem fit for purpose. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Questions”