HL Tiger 1 recoil

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Boots
Recruit

HL Tiger 1 recoil

Post by Boots »

So after some good advice in my introduction I took the plunge and bought my first rc tank! the HL Tiger 1 6.0 basic version from Howes for £109.

It arrived today two days after ordering all intact and working - so far so good. My only real question is regarding barrel recoil or rather lack of, this version is advertised on Howes site as having barrel recoil which it does not, or mine does not. Infact it looks to my untrained eye like its a one piece fixed barrel.

Quote from Howes
Proportional Turret and Barrel Recoil!
The latest version 6 now has the impressive barrel which recoils aswell as full proportional speed on the turret movement!

Is this likely just a mistake in the literature or have I received a different version? I have mailed Howes but I'm sure someone here would know.

Thanks in advance. Joe
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: HL Tiger 1 recoil

Post by General Jumbo01 »

The new V6 mfu does support their new barrel recoil upgrade but it's not a standard part. Some retailers (mostly based in China) are fitting this option but it does cost more.

Howes are a good general purpose model shop but maybe are not fully conversant with the HL range. I suggest you ask them to collect it and refund you as it's not as advertised. There are lots of UK sellers on eBay selling what you have for under 90 quid. Use PayPal for security if you feel the need.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Use paypal for security even if you don't feel the need. Protection is good, Brothers. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01

Incidentally, Howes site is showing the various levels of upgraded Tiger 1 v6 models correctly so, unless they have updated it, could you possibly have misread things?
General Jumbo01

Boots
Recruit

Post by Boots »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Incidentally, Howes site is showing the various levels of upgraded Tiger 1 v6 models correctly so, unless they have updated it, could you possibly have misread things?
Howes have now updated it after we spoke, they were mistaken in their listing. Very prompt response from Tom at Howes and we've come to an arrangement that i'm happy with.
General Jumbo01

That's good news

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”