Converting a Kubel.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Converting a Kubel.

Post by jarndice »

There appears to be a shortage of "Affordable" 1/16 Tamiya R/C Kubels BUT a Static kit is readily available so the question is how difficult is it to convert the static model to R/C ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Re: Converting a Kubel.

Post by Lo_Thar »

RC Kubelwagen from tamyia are available on ebay time to time. Now new :
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tamiya-56012-RC ... SwSXFdmiVh

but u can cheaper sometimes. I bought my 3 months ago fo 180, here on sale topic was one month ago. For sure cheaper is buy one for 280 instead modiffy normal one to rc
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thanks for that, I already have my name down for a heads up from a site suggested by Rad who are presently out of stock of Tamiya's R/C Kubel which they list at 54 Euros.
If the conversion from static to R/C is not too challenging I would be happy to go down that path instead of waiting for an indeterminate period for a dealer to restock with a product I can afford. :lolno:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:Thanks for that, I already have my name down for a heads up from a site suggested by Rad who are presently out of stock of Tamiya's R/C Kubel which they list at 54 Euros.
If the conversion from static to R/C is not too challenging I would be happy to go down that path instead of waiting for an indeterminate period for a dealer to restock with a product I can afford. :lolno:
Uopppppppps! I just noticed the static one is out of stock!
But I did order three of them at that price. Last one was in January!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rad calm down, :haha: www.rcjaz.com still has in stock 1/16 Tamiya's Kubel Static for £54.24.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jarndice wrote:Rad calm down, :haha: http://www.rcjaz.com still has in stock 1/16 Tamiya's Kubel Static for £54.24.
Won't have for long now you've told the world :/
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Sorry, I was in the job and I just took a quick glance at the links.

Yep, the european version is out of stock at this moment.
The RC one is out of stock too, and it will be forever. IMHO It does not worth the money some resellers are asking for it right now, it has horrible electronics.
And the african one is available at this very moment
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Ausf (Jeff) converted a static kit to RC using a 1/24 scale Losi crawler. I have the same kit and the same crawler, I just need to get around to it, but when I do I'll look for Jeff's thread. He's a member here, if you want to go now you should maybe send him a private message and ask for a link to his kubelwagen thread.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

My score of the weekend was a 1/6 scale Africa Korps version with the balloon tires. The kit version, not the assembled one.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I thought about what Mick said and with Rad confirming that "Cheap" R/C Kubels were not likely to be on sale anytime soon and European variants were out of stock I Pay-Palled an order for a static 1/16 Kubel from www.rcjaz.com for £54.24 plus postage and Gary you will like this,
I was given the choice of Air Post in 5 to 10 days for £17.10 or "FED-EX" for £41. :lolno: No contest.

Return to “General Questions”