Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

Post by Kaczor »

This is information from Torro GmbH.
Dear customers,the good news, the VW T166 swimming cars have been produced and are currently waiting to be shipped from the manufacturing plant to our German dispatch warehouse. Unfortunately we have to ask you for a few more days because the tiresome Corona issue also affects our efforts to deliver your desired model as soon as possible.Understandably, medical goods such as e.g. Masks, protective clothing etc. are prioritized for air freight and so we have to wait until we are allocated free cargo capacities.Lt. According to our current information, this will be the case from May 6th at the earliest, so if everything goes smoothly, the shipment could be delivered to our warehouse by Friday May 15th, and the shipment will start from Monday May 18th and end of May in accordance with the order received be finished. Until then, we ask you to refrain from inquiries regarding delivery times, thank you!We are very proud, despite the extremely complex production and restrictions caused by Corona, to be able to send you our RC swimming car model in 1/16 scale shortly.We would like to apologize again for the waiting time and wish you a lot of pleasure with your model (s).
https://www.rctank.de/Sale
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I got the same email. I guess they forgot they already gave me a refund. :crazy:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Good to see KY/Torro got their act together but think I'll wait for a 1/6 version to appear one day. We're having far too much fun driving the new Willys MB to go back to 1/16 for such a small size vehicle. 8)
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
they will deliver the Schwimmwagen preorders fom 18th of May to the end of May.
Look at the price... now 199,-€
TorroSW.jpg
TorroSW.jpg (32.51 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

https://www.rctank.de/Sale On rctank.de is 10% discount:
Attachments
schwim.jpg
schwim.jpg (25.8 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Weren't they originally $269 u.s.? At the discount price I might go ahead and order one once they start shipping. What I'm really waiting for is for Dragon to re-release the 1/6 schwimmwagen kit. That should be any day now, I think the only thing holding them up is the stupid Coronavirus.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

I’m pretty sure they’ve always been 179 euros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

The site says they're on offer, reduced from €199.95

And that's just under $220 U.S.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yeah, I think I got confused with the 1:6 scale jeep that cost $269.

Or it might be that with the $75 shipping mine was close to 270.

And unfortunately for me, I don't think Imex is going to be carrying these so we might not be able to get them in the states. We might be stuck with that horrendous shipping fee.
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Looks like they’ve been fibbing!!!

I preordered right at the beginning...

For 179.99 euros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”