Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
EddyK
Sergeant

Re: Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

Post by EddyK »

Gentleman, You shouldn’t expect very good made suspension on the Schwimm - I’ve rced the Eduards one and I can say that it’s big effort to put in such small body electronics, steering, gearbox, battery that runs more than 5 minutes and the receiver. And it should be sealed good to float.
But the Torro should make these big gelande tires - they look much better on that vehicle. Possibly they’ll offer them a little bit later for an extra cost...

General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

To clarify, I'm not looking for crawler style suspension travel but a set of soft coil springs and oil dampers would make for a more realistic looking ride. There's no need for high speed either. My small OO gauge shunters (tiny) have fine speed control, controlled lighting and a full pack of sound so size needn't be an issue (ask the Mrs!) ;)

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

phpBB [video]

Hmm i expect something better for this price. Turning radius i think about 2 meters
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Well, the turning radius explains the skinny tyres, it’s a real shame that they have dropped such a monumental clanger...
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If I interpret the video correctly, to switch from wheel drive to propellor drive, you have to change over the battery connection. Not what I would expect from something that costs 179 euro.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:If I interpret the video correctly, to switch from wheel drive to propellor drive, you have to change over the battery connection. Not what I would expect from something that costs 179 euro.
Hmm, so you can’t drive in & out of a body of water, please everyone correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that what they should do???????
The monumental clanger list increases..
Cheers
Wayne

Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That does look like the case Richard / Wayne, very fiddly looking also on such a small vehicle, think I'll be sticking with my static version for a little while longer :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I was seriously thinking of purchasing one, despite the price, but it is becoming less attractive by the minute. They have really missed the boat with this!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

I agree totally with Richard.
I was going to buy one to change into a captured one but slowly going off the idea.
Far to expensive for what you get.
Not even having a driver is also crazy.
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:They have really missed the boat with this!

Hahahahahaha oh I’m rolling around on the floor & my belly hurts Image

Return to “General Questions”