Need a answer

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Need a answer

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:I like that aluminum plate. Very clean looking job. I'm going to ask Eric for some of the braces from the KT and the panther to see if I can adapt them to a tiger. We'll see what happens.
Even girder profile (Beam section) styrene strips can stiffen the deck substantially, Gary, along with box section strips. I've used them to good effect on my Ludwig builds. In fact, Christian used to sell stiffening kits
(no jests please) for various models. I say 'used to', as it will be a while before he recovers from that apocalyptic blaze, I guess. :problem:
The KT brace probably won't line up with any captive fixings moulded into the Tiger 1 deck roof. Still, new holes for retaining screws can easily be drilled, and styrene blocks bonded to the deck roof for the self- tappers to screw into. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Agreed, sheet or beam alli is good but if I'm out of that l use styrene too, again shaped section (girder, angle, box) or sheet. It all helps!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I cut 2mm Plasticard to shape and then line the inside of the Panzer 4 Body with one full length sheet on each side,
I use Plasti-Weld as the adhesive,
The end result is a zero flex Tank.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

K,the thought process goes....if this aluminum brace is made for the KT why not the Tiger I? :think:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Larry, I believe that aluminum brace was scratch built.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Max-U52 wrote:Larry, I believe that aluminum brace was scratch built.
Oh’ :shifty:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Chrizh
Recruit

Post by Chrizh »

Max-U52 wrote:I am also using the Google Chrome browser on my Samsung phone, and I never have any trouble.
I'm not being rude by the way! I've given up trying to reply to PM's! I just get the phpBB error :(
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Did you get the photo of the envelope?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:I wonder if the brace from the King Tiger could be adapted?
For the benefit of those who might be unfamiliar with Taigen's KT support brace, Gary, here it is:
Taigen King Tiger upper hull support bracket
Taigen King Tiger upper hull support bracket
Given the length of the KT, and its inherent twisty nature, I'm not sure how useful this bracket is in terms of damping torsional movement down, or of supporting the weight of the metal Turret (which this one of mine was supplied with). Whether it would beef up a metal turreted Tiger 1, or not, is unknown. Even when successful adapted for it, it might not be very effective. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Chrizh
Recruit

Post by Chrizh »

Max-U52 wrote:Did you get the photo of the envelope?
Yes mate, thank you

Return to “General Questions”