How hard is it to exchange barrels

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
BamaCoop
Recruit

How hard is it to exchange barrels

Post by BamaCoop »

How hard is it to change a M4A3 75mm barrel to a M4A5 76mm Ir barreI in the IMEX Taigen or Mato. I get the M4A5 75mm IMEX Taigen now and get the “easy 8” barrel and decor later. IMEX Taigen 76mm are out of stock. My Grand dad was a loader on am Easy 8 so I am partial to it, but you have to start some where and I’m ready to build.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: How hard is it to exchange barrels

Post by Max-U52 »

You're starting with the wrong tank. The E8 had HVSS, both the Taigen offerings have VVSS. The Tamiya kit is the one you should start with, as it already has HVSS.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

You need to change the whole turret as well as the suspension if you want a M4A3E8 76(w). Otherwise you'd be building an M4A3E4...
BamaCoop
Recruit

Post by BamaCoop »

I will be buying a M4 76mm then. Thanks for the help.

Return to “General Questions”