?'s about adding Metal Road wheels to a HL KT

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: ?'s about adding Metal Road wheels to a HL KT

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jarndice wrote:In my experience a Hard steel tipped Cone shaped Set Screw butting against a Hard steel shaft is more likely to slip than a flat steel based set screw on a steel shaft.
Oh yeah :thumbup:
Just saying they would come supplied with the screws, hopefully they aren't the pointy type, they should only be supplied if they're going into an indent or softer material.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Re: ?'s about adding Metal Road wheels to a HL KT

Post by mutt71 »

I thank you all for the information that you have given, which is very helpful. Regarding the screws, there were none supplied with the metal road wheels. All that was in the package were the wheels, suspension arms and center caps.That was all there is. I re-used the screws and tightened one up too much. It snapped inside the metal suspension arm. :( I bought the set from Toucan Hobby. I sent them a message and asked for a replacement Axel screw, as well as another Metal suspension arm. They got back to me and a replacement for each with shipping is $8.00 USD. I will purchase heavier springs, as suggested, once I find them.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull

Return to “General Questions”