Transmitter gone crazy?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jackalope
Lieutenant

Transmitter gone crazy?

Post by jackalope »

Getting my King Tiger back in fighting form from mothballs and the transmitter done went screwy on me.

It's an IBU2 board, 4 channel flysky radio gear.

The left stick is fine but the right one is out of wack by 45degrees. So rather than forward being straight up it's now to the right. Reverse is to the left rather then down.

Any ideas guys? Ir just go buy a new radio?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Transmitter gone crazy?

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Clutching at straws, but have you checked the stick mode? I have found that the sticks go crazy with the wrong mode.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Not familiar with the 4ch model but if the trim is adjusted digitally that sort of setting is possible. Worth checking.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Not sure how any settings would have been changed as it's just been sitting in a drawer for a couple years.
I got it from Ian as an IBU2 setup no idea how to change the stick controls and I don't think it's that good of a model Jumbo.

I'll just get new radio gear it ain't expensive, thought I'd ask first though.

So once I get the radio working I'll be building a new King Tiger tank using bits from my old one and a Trumpeter kit.
If I can figure how to post pics I'll post the build. IF I can get it to do what I want and fit everything in it should be a bad ass tank. But we'll see.

And thanks guys for the ideas but I have no idea how to swap the stick controls.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It's about time you came back, Bro. I'll be watching this one with interest, and i might have a couple stencil sets layin' around if you need them.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Which FlySky model do you have? I have the Flysky iA6.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Max-U52 wrote:It's about time you came back, Bro. I'll be watching this one with interest, and i might have a couple stencil sets layin' around if you need them.

Thank you sir. I have to see what I have left! It's been years since I opened the box! I sold the interior bits to a member here who vanished cause I knew I'd never use it in an R/C tank
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Which FlySky model do you have? I have the Flysky iA6.
I'll have to check the number when I get home. Right now I'm in a van being driven to a train.

But if it helps any it's got orange colored stickers, it's 4 channel, it came from Ian with my IBU2 I got years ago.

Return to “General Questions”