Transmitter queries

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Transmitter queries

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

So I am looking to replace the stock Taigen transmitter, I've narrowed it down to either a Flysky I6s or I6X. Does anyone have any experience with either transmitter. Which would be the best replacement for the stock one. I'm ideally after a plug and play one. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: Transmitter queries

Post by RenoirLV »

Hi, there is no way to replace just the tx. You will need another mfu. The stock one will not work with skyfly.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, If your Taigen Tiger 1 has a Taigen Version 2 or 3 MFU you can use an aftermarket transmitter and receiver but if the motherboard in your Tank is different then as Renoir said you will need a new MFU.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

If the Taigen receiver/MFU in the tank was supplied with a bag of small leads that allow you to connect the MFU to a hobby grade receiver then you can do it. I have both i6 and i6x (6/10 channel) systems and they are excellent, providing very configurable radios for very low cost. They can be purchased with or without a wide range of SkyFly receivers. If you buy the X and want 10 channels be sure to get a 10 channel receiver.

If your Taigen MFU is too old, have a chat with Dave at Forgebear who stocks upgrades.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Is there much sense in adding 6 or 10 channels to the stock MFU? it doesn't do much. You can use spare channels for lights but there aren't many on Tiger 1. The front and the column light at most. What else can you do?

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Don’t forget that the V3 Taigen mfu when run from an alternative Tx you lose the machine gun sound.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I've got the V3 electeonics, that would be a shame to lose the MG sounds. If there is no option for a simple swap than I guess I shall wait for a while until I have more experience.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

RenoirLV wrote:Is there much sense in adding 6 or 10 channels to the stock MFU? it doesn't do much. You can use spare channels for lights but there aren't many on Tiger 1. The front and the column light at most. What else can you do?

Convoy lights, interior lights, searchlight, moving tank commander, moving hatches, extra sounds....

I am using 16 channels in one tank. And 20 in another! Limit is your imagination.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Convoy lights, interior lights, searchlight, moving tank commander, moving hatches, extra sounds....

I am using 16 channels in one tank. And 20 in another! Limit is your imagination.
I think I've seen one of those on YouTube. Extreme. Impressive. Surely for someone who isn't a novice.
But if one can't do any of this? There isn't much technical stuff that a stock mfu can do.

Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

The stock mfu uses 6 channels if you use your own radio system. That leaves you the rest to control other things, so would have another 4 with a i6x. Electronic switches, servos etc.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Questions”