Barrel recoil sticking

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Barrel recoil sticking

Post by Jimster »

I believe that is correct. I thought about the awesome Clark unit but this seemed easier to install and I could buy it here in the U.S.
Attachments
9F244ED8-7ADB-489E-9D5C-A0DB27C8B832.jpeg
9F244ED8-7ADB-489E-9D5C-A0DB27C8B832.jpeg (81.38 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thank you :thumbup:
They do seem to work well.
I asked because you mentioned Asia-Tam, thought I'd check.
They may be a bit long for low bustle Sherman turrets.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Son, ive got the asiatam/taigen units installed in the WSN Tiger and in the HL Jagdpanther I'm still currently doing .. Both work really well, you may need to add some spacers into the turrets to get them to sit at the right level, but not that difficult. If I had one issue with them it's the barrel elevation/depression, the range isn't that good on them. The Tiger's better than the jagd, the jagd only has around a 25-30degree range ..
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thank you Mr cashybai :thumbup:

Maybe I'll be better off with a shorter Clark recoil unit with a servo on the side for elevation.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “General Questions”