Looking for a mid level/good charger

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
orntar
Private

Looking for a mid level/good charger

Post by orntar »

I am tired of wall charges that have no indicators, and want a good charger for my various nicad batteries.

I was looking at this model. Right now all i have is nicad, but may get lipo at some point.

I think its a pretty good price, but I looked at the instructions and it seems very complicated. Any one have experience with this one or a similar imax?
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Looking for a mid level/good charger

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

orntar wrote:I am tired of wall charges that have no indicators, and want a good charger for my various nicad batteries.

I was looking at this model. Right now all i have is nicad, but may get lipo at some point.

I think its a pretty good price, but I looked at the instructions and it seems very complicated. Any one have experience with this one or a similar imax?
That is a very very good charger, and very easy to use. Works for everything. Nihms, lipos, lions, life, car batteries...

Dont forget to ger a power supply, or to buy the imex charger that comes with it built in.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Those are probably the most popular chargers out there, the Sky Imax B6, I have one. It charges my Lipo's and Nimh's brilliantly. There are two versions. One has a built in PSU and the other requires an external PSU. I bought the one that requires an external PSU and use a laptop PSU to power it, you can get those for pennies. Anything that outputs more than 11v is ok.

Just watch out for clones, if it doesn't say 'Sky' on the casing it's a clone, and beware of sellers that show a pic of a genuine one, but send a clone. :wave:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I bought a very similar Charger from "Hobbyking" and it had very cursory instructions so when all else fails I go to U-Tube,
I typed in the product name and there it was with a very good visual explanation of how to get the best from it,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

I use one of the ISDT Q6 chargers - small and plenty of features: https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-Battery-Bal ... B07DJ5HMKK

Again, you'll need a power supply to use - I have a modified HP server power supply that works great.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I use the Sky Imax B6 as well, though mine has the PSU built in. It can also be powered by a separate DC supply. It will do just about anything you want to with a battery. Mine came with a Deans connector a standard, but with a selection of different attachments to cover almost every battery connector you can think of.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

Thanks everyone. I think I will pick one up.
silversurfer1947 wrote:I use the Sky Imax B6 as well, though mine has the PSU built in. It can also be powered by a separate DC supply. It will do just about anything you want to with a battery. Mine came with a Deans connector a standard, but with a selection of different attachments to cover almost every battery connector you can think of.
Except for Tamiya (according to the instructions) for some reason. :/
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I can't remember for sure but I thought mine came with one. If not, they are easily come by, either making one up yourself, or from that well known auction ite.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

orntar wrote:I am tired of wall charges that have no indicators, and want a good charger for my various nicad batteries.

Excellent piece of kit. It's pretty self-explanatory to set up and very simple to use - a good choice IMHO :clap:
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Since you're in the states I would recommend this one

https://www.taigentanks.com/chargers-ac ... s/imx10526

I have one, use it all the time and just love it. Does all types of bats, can act as a power supply, can even run off your car battery in the field. You should email Erik, tell him you're a forum member and see what he can do. They used to knock off 5% for forum members, but I'm not sure if they still do that. Can't hurt to ask, though. Erik is cool and he'll take good care of ya.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Questions”