Recoil and elevation

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Re: Recoil and elevation

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

His question is on the vague side. If he's working with the 105 Tamiya 105 Sherman MFU there is no provision for a recoil unit. Most use the Pershing or Super Sheman units. Yes, you can add recoil to the Sherman that lacks it. However, it's not an easy task to make it function reliably. My M4A1 Firefly build here has a step by step.

-Dan
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

He can use a 5(or more) channel receiver and plug a servo to the 5th channel and to program it to work as a recoil.

phpBB [video]
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, :D
Thank you for all your advice,i retain the servo system on an additional duty,may it be necessary to adjust the race of the servo in the radio programming ? Can be a nonsense,but possible ditto for elevation if servo 360 ° ? :{
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jofaur86 wrote:Hello, :D
Thank you for all your advice,i retain the servo system on an additional duty,may it be necessary to adjust the race of the servo in the radio programming ? Can be a nonsense,but possible ditto for elevation if servo 360 ° ? :{
You can do absolutelly whatever you wish with a decent programable radio.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “General Questions”