GI smoker

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
craig1983
Recruit

GI smoker

Post by craig1983 »

I’ve bought a gi smoker for my tank lady jaye as am running a tk80 but for the barrel smoker to it says you must run a bb unit. But have to take the bb unit apart so the tube can go down the barrel. Why does it need the bb unit to work when you have to take it apart
tomhugill
Captain

Re: GI smoker

Post by tomhugill »

I bet it would work fine with an ir tank you just couldn't have flash
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Have you reached out to the fellow who makes them? Has he included instructions that detail your options
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Sherman65 wrote:My G.I. Tank Smoker came with a nice wiring diagram and simple instructions. I followed those and my barrel smoke works perfectly. No need to disassemble the BB unit, just take it out temporarily so you can add the tubing and zip tie as per the instructions. I bought 4 (Scarlett and Lady Jaye) for my Tanks to G.I. and haven’t had any issues. The entire installation/conversion took 30 minutes.

If you still can’t get it, contact them, they’ve always been very responsive via email.
Have you got any video of yours in action? That's something I'd be very interested in seeing.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Not to hijack the thread or anything but can a G.I Smoker be used directly with a Taigen V3 MFU, or do I need to swap out to a clark or something along those lines. I just cannot seem to dial my Taigen smoker in right now. Looking at replacing it, but without having to replace the MFU.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

:{ dummy, yeah just a bit, cheers boss. Does anyone know of a store (online) that carriers these. Might well have to pick one up.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If you want an online store, how about the link in forgebear's post above? I know he has supplied customer across the pond. One of our best and most helpful suppliers. Email him.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “General Questions”