Paint stripper for models

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Paint stripper for models

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Mr WibblyWobbly just posted this. . . .
wibblywobbly wrote:Downside was a grey upper, and camo lower, but as I will airbrush it to match my KT and Panther this isn't a problem.

I picked up my bottle of Asda cheapie non-acetone nail varnish, a pack of cotton wool, and rubbed the upper hull. The original camo started to appear, so I went over the whole thing. The grey came straight off. Great!

Best paint remover on the planet and as cheap as chips. Nail varnish remover for plastic nails, it doesn't contain acetone so it won't damage the plastic. It shifts paint incredibly well, I used it on a clear Lexan rock crawler bodyshell, which had two coats on both the inside and outside, it took the whole lot off. Just gentle wiping with cotton wool. :clap:
To be found here.
Torro Late Production Tiger 1 Restoration - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28273

Shame he missed this topic.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “General Questions”