Newbie Help

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
xombi1987
Recruit

Newbie Help

Post by xombi1987 »

I have recently purchased a Taigen Panzer IV Ausf G Winter Metal Edition off Ebay as "new" (added waterslide decals and seems to have used it a little at least for review purposes as they may run a shop) and it came with the typical items including a 2000mAh battery and since I am newb I went back to Ebay and purchased a IMX MXZ AC compact charger No. 10525 which is offered on Taigen/IMEX site for their tanks. Anyhow it charged said battery really fast, way under an hour. I put it into this heavy tank and ran it outside over some grass, which it struggled but drove fine and over pavement, but it ran out of juice pretty fast. Only got maybe 15 minutes of runtime out of it. Is this normal? I mean the battery is cheap and it charged faster than most information I find would suggest. This tank is Half metal by the way and the grass was maybe just under an inch high. I hope to get a 5000mAh battery soon, but so far throwing money at the tank doesn't necessarily help my Newb situation. Any help on this would be great.
Attachments
s-l1600ttt.jpg
Taigen Panzer IV Ausf G
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Newbie Help

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The convention here is to introduce oneself first ( a brief intro will suffice), Xombi, before plunging into the Qs and As of outrageous tanking. Your location, and an account of what possessed you to take up the hobby might be a good start. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
xombi1987
Recruit

Post by xombi1987 »

Whew, luckily I joined another RC forum and someone helped me. So, thanks for the advice but I was in a bit of a panic and a bit of a hurry to get an answer rather than wait a week for people to get used to me first; no offense. I blew alot of money on a nice tank as a birthday gift to myself and there is no help online or instructions anywhere concerning what battery strength vs. weight does for RC tanking so I jumped to forums to try help find anything about batteries and still found nothing. I have never RC'd anything and getting my items through Ebay and "not really new" or incomplete left me with questions and panic rather than excitement and fun.

Anyhow, I will be sure and head over to introductions or something and get my new Tank and myself introduced and hopefully get some knowledge about how to improve the overall experience. Unfortunately I may be pretty stranded where I live as far as group activity though. I looked for any local activity and it seems a 100 miles or so to any action in any direction :haha:
Taigen Panzer IV Ausf G
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

As long as all the functions on the tank behave as they should, then duration will be down to the surface you use it on, the tank's weight, and the battery's capacity together with its output rating. Other factors that might impact on duration are track tension, and how much you use the turret and gun. I guess 20 mins or so is probably about right for a battery with that rating. :think:
Some tanks don't perform well on grass, others seem unstoppable. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Xombie hi forget @bay for Taigen. Your in the USA so deal w Erik at Taigen directly. Their site is helpful and he answers questions and gives tech support
Cheers and happy tanking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther

Return to “General Questions”