Blueprints for an AEC MK II?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Blueprints for an AEC MK II?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Roy, the length of a Matilda tank is a pretty important "basic" dimension lol.
One example, on both sites it has the length in feet and inches, and also meters, but the conversion is well off, and it's a case of which ones correct.

My point is that one should double check online dimensions, but with the warning that the above mentioned sites can't be used to check one or the other.
Yes, that '15ft..' for length must have been a typo. 6m was correct-ish, however.
Generally, the team at that website are very experienced, an have been selected from various countries and backgrounds (military, scientific, engineer) to bring expertise to the site. I guess they missed this error, but
the info they put out in the main is well sourced, and verifiable from a range of alternate sources.
I prefer, personally, to check as many sources as I can and average them out.
By basic dimensions, I meant that if the H/W/L are correct, the other dimensions are easy enough to estimate for scale purposes.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Spiky, if you type in aec mk iii wiki you will get the Wikipedia info which includes dimensions for length, width, and height and you can scale your drawings from there.

Hope that helps
Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
SpikyTheCommander
Private

Post by SpikyTheCommander »

Hi all,

The kit has arrived today and i am very impressed with the detail and accuracy of the parts. I don't think i will start to assemble the model yet though, as 531 parts aren't going to be completed in just a single evening!

I am not able to send my own photos but here are some of the parts:
https://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/aec-mk ... ior-part-1

Regards,

Spiky.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi, here are the blueprints for your armoured car

they are sourced from here
https://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprin ... r_mark_ii/

If you save this image to your pc, then load it into pcpaint, then you can chop and resize the images into 1/16 scale and build from there.

Oh and here is the link to wiki for the dimensions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEC_Armoured_Car

Hope this is useful

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
SpikyTheCommander
Private

Hi all again,

I have realised that it is probably a good idea to model the drive train etc when i have the car's chassis in my hands. I have taken measurements and i have found that the car's width needs to be 18 cm, so does anybody know of a car with an 18 cm wheelbase that i can use as a chassis?

Regards,
Spiky.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Please don't think I am being pedantic but Wheelbase is the distance between the front wheel centre and the rear wheel centre not the overall length of an axle.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I should think a 1/10 buggy chassis would give you what you'll need. Avoid plastic tub types in favour of flat sheet type chassis as wheelbase is easier to adjust. Track (determines width) can be adjusted by changing wheel offset, wishbone etc. A buggy will give you 4WD, good steering lock and ample suspension travel.

Visit a good RC car shop for help re what's available. A 2nd hand example could be a good bet - try you local buggy club?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
SpikyTheCommander
Private

Ok thank you for the replies, once a good example is found it will be ordered quickly!
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Have a look at HG P401 axles which are cheap or Tamiya 1/14 truck axles
I’ll go & do some measurements for you
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Here you go, the sizes are to the face where the spindle pokes out from, not to the end of the spindles
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”