Differences between 1974 and full option Tamiya Sherman HVSS

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AshMann
Corporal

Differences between 1974 and full option Tamiya Sherman HVSS

Post by AshMann »

Hello, i've seen old 1974 Tamiya shermans for sale on ebay, and i need HVSS suspension for a build, but i've heard that they arent very good, but whats the difference between the old shermans and the full option ones? specifically the suspension
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Differences between 1974 and full option Tamiya Sherman

Post by Ad Lav »

Suspension on the 1974 one is push for wheels with no bearings.

The full option wheels are screwed on and have bearings.

If you aren’t going to run it a lot you will be fine with a 1974 one.
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

Could the 1974 ones be modded to last longer or is it best to use the full option? The tank i plan on putting the suspension on is going to be exclusively an IR fighter
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Tho original bogies have fixed cast 'axles', the only way to make them robust would be to machine them to fit bearings and use the full option wheels and axles. If you have access to a machine shop and want a project then have at it, otherwise they ain't no use to you.
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

Tiger6 wrote:Tho original bogies have fixed cast 'axles', the only way to make them robust would be to machine them to fit bearings and use the full option wheels and axles. If you have access to a machine shop and want a project then have at it, otherwise they ain't no use to you.
Okay thank you

Return to “General Questions”