1/16 panzer 38-t or hetzer tracks

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
c.rainford73
Major

1/16 panzer 38-t or hetzer tracks

Post by c.rainford73 »

I am trying to complete the running gear for my hetzer build and sadly cannot find the spade ace tracks that were made a few years ago. Everywhere I look they are out of stock, does anyone know where I can source a set or a set of plastic tracks from the Panda hobby panzer 38-t kit so I can make them workable for my hetzer?

Much appreciated in advance

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/16 panzer 38-t or hetzer tracks

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hey Carl,

I am in the same boat as yourself looking for a supplier of the spade ace metal tracks, I recently bought a static panzer 38t which I have plans to rc but unfortunately the plastic tracks that came with it may as well be made from cheese and I would say that cheese would hold up better :crazy: the kit plastic tracks need a lot of work including drilling out the holes for the track pins on every link and that's where the problem lays, there's not a lot of material left to give them the required strength needed, the plastic ones I have crumble even with minimal effort so I would have no hope for them in moving the tank :thumbdown: I think your best bet would be to keep looking for a set of the spade ace tracks :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks Lee, that's what I thought. Sadly I won't start the next phase of my hetzer build until I source these rare pieces :crazy: Thanks for the feedback!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Email Carson at dklm he got them last time :)
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ad Lav wrote:Email Carson at dklm he got them last time :)
Will do thank you!

Return to “General Questions”