Challenger 2

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
craig1983
Recruit

Challenger 2

Post by craig1983 »

Good evening,
Setting off on my first build, I’ve got the challenger 2 and want to make it as realistic as I can, I’ve got the dklm track kit (wheels, idlers , sprockets and all the dklm suspension). After spending a few days stripping the tank to fit this kit, Ive finally finished putting all the dklm kit on. And know the tank doesn’t seem to run right at all.
I’ve had to use the heng long plastic sprockets as the dklm don’t seem to mesh with the tracks right. I’ve used the second hole for the springs so they have more tension on them but they don’t seem to move up and down right. If you tighten them up then they lock up solid and don’t move up or down. Same problem don’t tighten them up and they flex. I’ve notice the plastic hull has quite a lot of flex in it aswell know the dklm kit is fitted.
I’ve followed everyone’s post and fitted them the best I could, has any one else had problems fitting this.
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Re: Challenger 2

Post by Black Knight »

Evening mate.

I fitted the DKLM tracks & wheels/sprockets and had a similar issue. In the end I worked out that the drive sprockets are a fraction too narrow so I shaved/ground a washer to fit between the two halfs of the sprocket to widen it - seems to have worked a treat!

Not too sure about the suspension arms (I didn't know you could "adjust" them! I may have to have a look and stiffen up the rear arms on mine as it's pretty heavy (DKLM metal hull & PDSGB)! I fitted mine (and the road wheels) with a smear of silicone grease - might be worth a punt?
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
craig1983
Recruit

Re: Challenger 2

Post by craig1983 »

Thank you for your reply I will put abit of grease on the spring and I tried that with the rear sprockets but couldn’t get them to tighten up right will check and see what I can do

Return to “General Questions”