VSTANK mods

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

VSTANK mods

Post by Ford 3 ton <3'er »

I have 2 VSTanks the m4a3 105 wet and a king tiger. If you know VSTanks you know the turrets don't turn 360 and the infrared only works with other VSTanks. Help! Im a noob and I want more variety than what VSTanks offer and my turrets to turn all the way around. :'( lol I'm also wondering about waterproofing... :shifty:
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Re: VSTANK mods

Post by jimbo_wa »

Hi Ford

I don't think you'll get much joy with upgrades at this scale - there just isn't a hobby following that I can find (they're more of a toy).
There does seem to be a gap between the very popular 1/35th military modelling - with 1/24th R/C being a hobbyist black hole - and the 'standard' 1/16th R/C offerings that 98% of the users on this forum and around the globe adhere too.

There may be a way to make the turrets 360 see: viewtopic.php?f=195&t=12215 if it's a similar setup?

There are some electronic offerings from http://35rctank.com/index.html that may be adapted for the VSTanks (you'd have to use a different Tx/Rx), and for waterproofing I'd use Conformal coating on the electrics - but again, you're going to send a lot of effort on something that will at the end of the day still be toy grade rather than a scale model! :D

(Yes, I do realise that 1/16th is still a 'toy'...) :haha:
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

Re: VSTANK mods

Post by Ford 3 ton <3'er »

Thanks! :D I kinda figured they were :/ I wish it wasn't so but, it is... I just want to enjoy what I've got as much as I can ;) after all they got me into the hobby. But I think I will be moving to 1/16 or something more popular, thanks again! :wave: :thumbup:

Return to “General Questions”