Commissioning someone to build a custom rc tank?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

Commissioning someone to build a custom rc tank?

Post by Ford 3 ton <3'er »

Hi all :wave: its been a while and I'm still new to the forum, and the hobby for that matter. :S I hope this is the right place to ask this... Anyway, I live in Washington state USA and I'm looking for someone who could build an rc tank for me for a reasonable price. Unfortunately, right now, I have no time to learn how to build one and I'm desperate. And of course no one sells a complete model of the tank I want, even that I could convert to rc, that I wouldn't have the time to do anyway. So I'm looking for someone who does completely custom builds, who is experienced, within a reasonable price range and scale (nothing humongous or undetailed tinyness), and hopefully can do infrared battle(optional ;) ). The tank I want is the Ford 3 ton M1918 if you couldn't guess by my tag. Any suggestions? Thanks! ;D

P.S. dumb question..... what is a reasonable price range? :{

P.P.S. I have two VSTank tanks in 1/24 scale. A king tiger and a m4a3 (105 wet)
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: Commissioning someone to build a custom rc tank?

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Recommend you sign up over at RC Universe, visit the RC Tank forum & look up Rex Ross. He has one of the largest scratch built 1/16 collections I've come across & would be the first person I would consider if I wanted such an obscure custom build. Rex is based in Benicia, CA so in same time zone as you.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/members/rex-ross.html

Here's a link to his threads: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/search. ... id=2541262
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

Thanks! I sure will! Cheers!
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

Pffff the site is giving me trouble. I think its my firewall or something. :( It lets me login but I cant get to the forum. I'm doing all my posts and stuff on a Samsung t110 so if that means anything let me know... In the meantime any other suggestions anyone?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Have you tried-----
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/
It is a bit like reading Cyrillic unless you have a dictionary :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

jarndice wrote:Hi, Have you tried-----
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/
It is a bit like reading Cyrillic unless you have a dictionary :lolno:
:eh: Yes, I have and my device gets all kinds of errors. I've tried enabling and disabling everything and clearing cache and other memory and I've tried another device, same result... but I will retry registering.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Yea, ever since they revamped that site, its not been the most user friendly to say the least. Don't know if Rex visits here or frequents any other RC tank forums - he's pretty much old school.
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

Re-registering worked! I will contact him and see what he says! Thanks again! :thumbup: :clap:

I will keep the thread open for more suggestions too just in case ;D
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

In tank build only problem are tracks - if no one sell it and you must made it yourself price of tank will be huuuge
Ford 3 ton <3'er
Recruit

Manu-Military built one in 1/16 I think. He has a post on this forum about it and a website. I will ask him maybe as well o- only problem is I think he lives in France :|

Return to “General Questions”