T55 - Hooben. ABS glue?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Re: T55 - Hooben. ABS glue?

Post by jimbo_wa »

I also use the EMA Plastic Weld, and it's potent stuff.

If it's plastic, it'll bond it - some stronger than others.

Bought a metal 500ml can a few years ago and think I'm about an inch into it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

In the early 1950s my father bought one of the very first plastic kits,
It was a Ferguson Tractor in all white plastic,
The kit was very detailed but there was no such thing as plastic cement and certainly not Super-Glue,
My dad asked around what to use and an engineer in my dads electrical workshop said we should try mums nail varnish, lots of laughter and mum declaring over her dead body, but of course we tried it and I helped my father to build a pink tinted tractor,
In pre "LGBT" days pink had a very feminine edge to it so the Fergie did not get the play that it warranted.
A pity it was a nice kit and deserved greater exposure.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Eastern Front wrote:Rad, its easy enough to get, The Bau Haus should have it.. Also if you can get 'Nail Polish" remover it is surely acetone. (Don't tell the Mrs. :haha: :haha: )
Not all nail polish remover is acetone. Gotta read the label. They have a newer nail polish remover that doesn't have any acetone in it.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi guys, acetone seems to work well with the T55. I have not deep tested it yet though, but it really seems to work, I will update late at night or tomorrow.

I got industrial acetone. The nail polish has always more things that we might not want to have in our model, including perfum and some more components that can also weak the mixture a bit... And also is more expensive, lol.

So yeah, problem solved with the solvent...

BA DUM TSS.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “General Questions”