Clark recoil servo issue

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AshMann
Corporal

Clark recoil servo issue

Post by AshMann »

Hello, i have been working on getting my tank set up, and, well, the recoil servo has been working well enough, until i tried sticking the gun barrel in. Depending on the angle i have the servo at, it'll either return to battery smoothly, like its supposed to, or it will get stuck at the very end and the servo motor shaft keeps turning (the gear that pulls the recoil tube back stays in place). The servo works fine without the gun barrel in, but whenever i put a gun barrel in, (i've tried a 76mm style barrel thats been sanded down in width, a standard HL 75mm L/71 from a panther, and the 105mm barrel from a HL sherman), the servo gets stuck. I'm not sure if this is because my servo has something wrong with it, or the modification i did to the recoil tube (tried widening it to fit a gun barrel, ended up breaking it a bit, cut the broken bit off, which shortened it) has anything to do with it. I'm willing to post a video of what i am talking about if needed.
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Clark recoil servo issue

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
Does the barrel have the same stroke as the servo pitch ? ie the sliding part corresponds to the displacement of the servo or the servo stroke is set on the transmitter to match the two ???
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

Jofaur86 wrote:Hello,
Does the barrel have the same stroke as the servo pitch ? ie the sliding part corresponds to the displacement of the servo or the servo stroke is set on the transmitter to match the two ???
I don't quite understand what you mean, though I'll show how my transmitter is set up
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 165719.jpg
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

Jofaur86 wrote:Hello,
I checked, and the servo sometimes moves out of place when the gun is fired, so maybe that could be the issue.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
Everything works nirmally without the barrel,is the clark system setting OK ?the servo gear with the rack ? Setting the servo neutral ? Your radio is not programmable,it is not pissible to ajust the servo travel ( travel % ) in %.
This is the system ?
IMG_5149.JPG
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Ensure that the recoil slides freely without any resistance, sanding of the mechanical part is always required for smooth operation. My guess is that there is too much friction in the slide mechanism, giving the micro servo a hard time pulling the slide with the added weight of the barrel. Also ensure the servo is solidly in place. Try replacing fragile servo if needed because some gears inside might have been damaged by excessive resistance. Issue unlikely to be due to electronics.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Is this pinion on the servo does not turn in the void ? When force end races? and actually see if slides well? Canon level,and mechanism ?? To adjuste :thumbup:
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Is this pinion on the servo does not turn in the void ? When force end races? and actually see if slides well? Canon level,and mechanism ?? To adjuste :thumbup:
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

lmcq11 wrote:Ensure that the recoil slides freely without any resistance, sanding of the mechanical part is always required for smooth operation. My guess is that there is too much friction in the slide mechanism, giving the micro servo a hard time pulling the slide with the added weight of the barrel. Also ensure the servo is solidly in place. Try replacing fragile servo if needed because some gears inside might have been damaged by excessive resistance. Issue unlikely to be due to electronics.
I've sanded the recoil slide, though I'll sand it some more later. Mine was made a bit short due to a botched attempt at widening it, i may get a new one but I'd like to salvage this one if possible
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

Jofaur86 wrote:Is this pinion on the servo does not turn in the void ? When force end races? and actually see if slides well? Canon level,and mechanism ?? To adjuste :thumbup:
The servo does turn when its not grabbed onto anything, if thats what you mean

Return to “General Questions”