Decision made

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Elephant
Recruit

Decision made

Post by Elephant »

Subsequent to my previous,and first post,I've bought the panther g from rctank.de.

It is true what they say about Dom, he really is very helpful and I'm looking forward to receiving my first RC tank

Though I'm lead to believe it won't be my last.
Already looking at easy eight shermans

First job,upgrade the battery from 2000mah I assume it's a standard tamiya fit but will wait until it arrives before buying

Thanks for all your comments

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Decision made

Post by jackalope »

You'll have fun with your new tank! I use 7600mah 2 cell lipos in mine, even at over 20lbs with smoke and sound my run time is almost 3 hours off road.
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

A decent lipo makes a lot of difference.
But I guess they don't come with one because the stock controller (rx-18) does not have proper low voltage shut-off. So you will be over discharging the battery or one of the two cells. My stock hl came with a 2s Li-ion battery. It runs like mad but when it stops I can't use my balance charger because at least one of the cells is under the required minimum voltage. Have to use the dumb charger that came in the box. Not good for the battery in general.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Elephant
Recruit

Post by Elephant »

RenoirLV wrote:A decent lipo makes a lot of difference.
But I guess they don't come with one because the stock controller (rx-18) does not have proper low voltage shut-off. So you will be over discharging the battery or one of the two cells. My stock hl came with a 2s Li-ion battery. It runs like mad but when it stops I can't use my balance charger because at least one of the cells is under the required minimum voltage. Have to use the dumb charger that came in the box. Not good for the battery in general.

Wouldn't a lipo alarm sort this?

Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening :D
Here is the solution :thumbup: but beware the systèmes radio ,Heng Long,Taigen,Torro,or other only accepte 7,2 volts :{
IMG_5129.JPG
IMG_5129.JPG (19.44 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I have a number of 5000 - 6600mah hard cased lipos from my race cars (same size as nimh pack) but l prefer the stability of good old Nimhs in my tanks. Good quality branded 3800 nimhs are available for around £15 and don't mind a bit of abuse, charging from flat and delivering the sort of voltage the MFUs are designed for :thumbup:
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

I have a lipo alarm. Not sure it will fit in the battery compartment of Tiger. That is a solution though.
I also bought a nimh battery some time ago. I guess I chose the wrong one because the runtime on a fresh charge is 5 minutes. Quite dissapointing. My Tiger has all metal suspension.

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening :D
Why 5 minutes ? Is it written on it ? Fast charge ? Of all things always better to load 1/10 the capacity,for Nimh,the accus will thank you for it :thumbup:
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Five minutes is what I actually get driving it. I thought the battery was low quality. I charged it quicker I guess

Started as a tank man.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Elephant
Recruit

Post by Elephant »

Received today, and I have to say I'm pleased.

Pleased with the tank and the service from rctank.de and pleased with the support from the RC legend that is Dom.

All the comments about him are true, very helpful and knowledgeable.

Passed on some feedback which was replied to quickly and he was still communicating way beyond normal office hours.

Top drawer IMHO

Return to “General Questions”