Tamiya Pershing turret turn problems

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tamiya Pershing turret turn problems

Post by ronnie42 »

Make one probably zero cost , scrap styrene. One sheet of thin styrene would make about 50.
P4250032.jpg
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

Solved it
I used a cable tie around the turret rotation unit to stop it flexing and now it's a big improvement. I am also going to remove the 2 Tamiya type connectors connecting the tamya dmd and mfu. These 2 plugs take up a lot of space but if I just connect the wires with solder and heat shrink tubing it will save loads of space

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

percy1510 wrote:Solved itImage
I used a cable tie around the turret rotation unit to stop it flexing and now it's a big improvement. I am also going to remove the 2 Tamiya type connectors connecting the tamya dmd and mfu. These 2 plugs take up a lot of space but if I just connect the wires with solder and heat shrink tubing it will save loads of space

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
Yep - those connectors were the first to go!

May also be an idea to go XT-60 connectors all round as they are far more compact and efficient than the Tamiya connector - here's a pic after mods...

viewtopic.php?p=262520#p262520
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi one more mod is cut down speaker and put a plate on side, then you can move battery back, it dosnt make much difference to sound, but it makes a load of room you can slide battery back to the gearboxes.

regards pete
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Regarding battery packs, don't forget that the Nihms are normally a pack of 6 individual cells that can be dismantled very easily and rebuilt in any end to end sequence using cable to connect. For example, the Taigen/Torro T34 is delivered with a six pack about 2/3 the size of a normal subC cell, the largest capacity being 1700mah. A normal, say, 4000mah pack won't fit but by splitting a normal pack in a 1-2-1-2 cells sequence the ring of cells will fit around the front control panel.

Also helpful if you have a slip ring barrel hanging below the turret, refit it as high as possible and central to the turret ring so that a) it doesn't intrude far into the hull and b) being centrally mounted, it doesn't move as it turns. All obvious but those designers often miss the obvious!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Questions”